GD Star Rating
The best recipe for Iftar headaches, Home-Made Mint Lemonade for Ramadan
Lemonade has become the best medicine for our Iftar headaches on Ramadan, this recipe is easy, healthy, and the best you could make for your Iftar headache. Recipe: Iftar Home-Made Mint Lemonade
- 4 unwaxed lemons, thinly sliced, about the thickness of a one pound coin
- 2.5 tablespoons of brown sugar (or caster/white sugar)
- 3 large sprigs of mint
- Pinch of salt
- Put the kettle on 2 hours before the fast opens (iftar). Boil about 1.5 litres of water.
- Pile the lemon slices into a heatproof jug. Pour over the boiling water.
- Stir in a couple of tablespoons of sugar and let it dissolve. Then leave the mixture to cool.
- Just before iftar, chill the lemonade in the freezer. Then add the mint leaves, salt and ice.
- Serve at iftar.
- Tips: Squeeze the juice of 2 lemons just before serving for a sharper kick. Try grapefruit juice (1 grapefruit: 2 lemons); make pink lemonade by substituting frozen strawberries for the ice cubes. Give your lemonade a fizzy update with sparkling water.
- Preparation time:
- Diet type:
- Dietary restriction:
- Number of servings (yield):
- Culinary tradition:
- Middle Eastern
2.5 based on 4 ratings